In a historic moment for Indiana, this year’s NCAA March Madness will be played exclusively in Indiana! While this year’s tournament will be the largest sporting “bubble” of the pandemic, Indiana’s love of basketball will make it a memorable March Madness.
For birders, March may not always be about basketball, but the annual return of some of our favorite birds, as they wing their way back through the Hoosier state. To celebrate both Indiana’s role in this year’s NCAA basketball tournament and spring migration, Indiana Audubon and our partners invite you to play in the Indiana Audubon March Migration Madness. The Tweet 16 is now set and we’ll feature daily head-to-head match ups on the Indiana Audubon Facebook page. Each daily match up, and the species earning the most “likes” will lead to the Airborne 8, Feathered 4, and finally the Chripionship game, timed with the final NCAA tournament game.
You can play along by downloading the March Migration Madness bracket and write your predictions for each winner. Special scoring will earn you the chance to win prizes, courtesy our sponsors. But you must submit your brackets by March 18 to play along!
How Do You Play?
Taking part in Indiana Audubon March Migration Madness is easy. Here are the steps to participate:
- You must be on Facebook, and “Like” the Indiana Audubon Facebook Page.
- Complete your bracket choices. Scan or take a photo and send your Bracket Here by March 18 to be eligible to win. Message us for other mailing options.
- Visit our Facebook page each day where we’ll highlight each bracket match up. Vote for your favorite each day and see how your picks rank up!
- The final match up for the “Chirpionship” will begin Saturday, April 3. You will have two days to vote before we announce the winner on Monday, April 5. The winner will be announced shortly after.
Visit our sponsor This Week in Birding for daily matchup analysis and commentary.
What do you win?
The top scores of the Indiana Audubon March Migration Madness will win:
- One Pair Virtual Tickets to this year’s Indiana Dunes Birding Festival, May-13, 2021.
- 2021 Indiana Dunes Birding Festival Fine Art Print.
- 2021 Indiana Dunes Birding Festival lens cloth
- Indiana Birding Trail Guide Book
- One copy of “Monty and Rose”, the documentary about Chicago’s Piping Plovers.
Thank you to our Sponsors
Special thanks to Ryan Sanderson for use of our Tweet 16 photos.