Mary Gray Bird Sanctuary will host an open house on Saturday, Oct. 7, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. And as a prelude to this fantastic event, we’re running a weeklong Birdseed Bonanza!
For the entire week leading up to the open house, we’re offering a special treat: anyone who joins, renews, gifts a membership, or donates a minimum of $25 will receive a box filled with four bags of birdseed, a guide to feeding backyard birds, and entry into a special drawing as a token of our appreciation.
For the drawing, one grand prize winner will be awarded with:
- A family package (4 tickets) for a Behind the Scenes experience for Northern Saw-whet Owl banding at Mary Gray Bird Sanctuary
- A Northern Saw-whet Owl Adoption
Our Birdseed Bonanza commences on Tuesday, Oct. 2, and concludes at the stroke of midnight on Monday, Oct. 9.
A heartfelt thank you goes out to Global Harvest Foods, LLC, for their generous contribution of birdseed.
Why Join Indiana Audubon?
Indiana Audubon has been at the forefront of bird conservation and education for years. By becoming a member, you become a vital part of our mission to protect and preserve Indiana’s diverse birdlife and their habitats. Membership benefits include:
- IAS publications, The Cardinal newsletter (6 times per year) and Indiana Audubon Quarterly (4 times per year online)
- Discounted IAS field trips and events
- Early registration to the Indiana Dunes Birding Festival
- Full access to Cornell Lab of Ornithology’s Birds of the World ($42/year value)
- Special access to Mary Gray Bird Sanctuary, including year-round camping and fishing
- And more!
Go to indianaaudubon.org/membership for membership levels and more information.
Birdseed Bonanza Notes
- New, renewed, and gifted memberships will each receive one entry into the giveaway drawing.
- Renewals will extend your membership expiration date by one year. For example, Tom’s membership expires January 2024. He can renew during the summer membership drive and be entered into the giveaway, with a new expiration date of January 2025.
- Members who set up on auto-renewal can still participate in the fall membership drive. However, our system won’t allow you to renew your membership online if you have auto-renewals set up. If you would like to extend your membership by one year and enter for prize drawings, email Whitney Yoerger at [email protected].
- Birdseed pick-up will be available on the day of the Open House (Saturday, Oct. 7) between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m., or you can schedule a pick-up at Mary Gray Bird Sanctuary in Connersville or Richard Garrett in Greenfield throughout the following week.
- The grand prize winner will be notified via email on Wednesday, Oct. 11.