Indiana Audubon Society is encouraging birders and other nature enthusiasts to consider joining our amazing organization this fall. The Indiana Audubon Society (IAS) is the oldest conservation organization continuously operating in Indiana. We are not a chapter of the National Audubon Society, but an independent statewide organization that is celebrating 120 years in 2018. By joining, you will be supporting our mission to stimulate interest in birds and their protection; to serve the needs of youth, civic, church, schools and other groups by providing information concerning birds; and to educate the public concerning the necessity for and preserving Indiana’s natural heritage, its unique flora and fauna.
All members receive issues of the Cardinal Newsletter and the Indiana Audubon Quarterly (IAQ). The electronic Cardinal Newsletter will be emailed to you 6 times per year. Four times per year you will be alerted by email to login to the website where you will find the newest issue of the IAQ to download or read online. Contributing and Cardinal Club members include mailed copies of all IAS publications, including the newly updated full color magazine style Cardinal!
In addition, your membership includes full access to the Birds of North America (BNA) website! A subscription to the BNA website is normally $42 a year, however, you receive it at no extra cost to you by becoming a member of IAS!
As a special thank you, all members that join, renew, refer, or gift a membership during our membership drive (September 15-October 14) will receive a complimentary Indiana Audubon tote bag, and go into a giveaway drawing for one of two birding baskets, brought to you by our sponsors with Premier Sporting Optics, Brome Bird Care, and Wild Birds Unlimited.
Each Birding Basket Includes:
- Vortex Diamondback 8×42 Birding Binoculars from Premier Optics
- One basic registration to the 2019 Indiana Dunes Birding Festival
- 2019 Indiana Dunes Birding Festival T-shirt and lens cleaner
- Eco Class Hopper Feeder from wild Birds Unlimited
- 5 lbs. Deluxe No Mess Seed Mix from Wild Birds Unlimited
- Mr. Canary Thistle Feeder with seed
- Sierra Wild Bird Tube Feeder
- Brome Squirrel Buster Feeder from Brome Bird Care
- Indiana Audubon Society T-shirt
- The Joy of Bird Feeding by Jim Carpenter
- Checklist of the Birds of Indiana
Total Retail Value: $500+
As a bonus, you’ll also be entered to win a pair of 8×42 Steiner HX binoculars, valued at $950.00, from our partners at Steiner Optics. Even more prizes to be announced!
The deadline to be entered into the drawing is October 15. The drawing will take place October 19.