100 GUIDE GIVEAWAY
The Indiana Young Birders Club is excited to offer young birders/ nature lovers, teachers, scout leaders, and naturalists (that educate our youth in nature) a chance to win a FREE field guide to birds.
We want these guides to be in the hands of our future conservation leaders, and of the adults who encourage them.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDE RULES
- Be a young birder or nature lover (18 years or younger).
- Be an educator intending to use the guide to increase his/her students’ knowledge of birds
- A parent or guardian whose child is enthusiastic about birds and intends to use the guide to further encourage his/her children in nature.
HOW TO APPLY
- Ages (11 and up) – 250 – 350 word letter or essay stating why you want the guide, what you love about birds, and how you will benefit from the guide and/or what program you plan to use the guide for.
- Age (under 11) – 100 – 200 word essay about why you love birds and why you want the field guide. If you are and educator, naturalist, scout leader, etc. you must clearly state how you will use your guide to impact young birders/naturalists.
Chad Williams, IYBC Chair will contact you about how to submit your essay.
SUBMIT YOUR INFORMATION
Guides will be given away through contests, school visits, and personal requests. Requesting a guide is not a guarantee. Only a limited number of guides are available and this offer is only good while supplies last. Guides can only be mailed in the United States.
By checking the box below I am giving the Indiana Audubon Society, Inc. permission to use my photo and essay online and in print.
I understand that full credit will be attributed to my name if used.