Indiana Audubon 2022 Thailand Tour
February 6, 2022 - February 17, 2022
Indiana Audubon 2022 Thailand Birding Tour
An Intro to the Best Birding in Thailand
February 6-17, 2022
In early 2022, Indiana Audubon will host the next in a series of great birding adventures, as IAS takes you off the beaten path. For sheer diversity of birds in a short trip, it’s hard to beat Thailand. Thailand is one of Asia’s most appealing destinations; it boasts excellent infrastructure, some of the most popular cuisine in the region, and an ancient and fascinating Buddhist culture, making both birding and cultural excursions easily combined. And that’s not to mention the birds! Thailand is a country where massive bird lists can be amassed, if all the varied regions are visited. The mountains of the north, the parks of the central part of the country, and the Thai Peninsula, which connects with Malaysia, are all distinct, with varied bird lists in each. This tour focuses only on Central and Northern Thailand. As the peninsula is largely similar, bird-wise, to Peninsula Malaysia and, to some degree, Borneo, those species are perhaps better covered on a later trip to those areas; this also serves to keep the trip to a shorter length.
Trip Leaders: Brad Bumgardner is the executive director for Indiana Audubon and has assisted or led literally thousands of individual hikes and tours, including Puerto Rico, Cuba, and Costa Rica. This tour is being put together in partnership with Tropical Birding Tours, who will be securing transportation and additional guiding services during the trip.
DAY 1: Arrival in Bangkok, nearby airport hotel
DAY 2: Laem Pak Bia and Phak Thale shorebirds
DAY 3: Laem Pak Bia to Kaeng Krachen
DAY 4: Kaeng Krachen National Park
DAY 5: Kaeng Krachen National Park
DAY 6: Khao Yai National Park
DAY 7: Khail Yail National Park
DAY 8: Chiang Mai/Doi Inthanon National Park
DAY 9: Chiang Mai/Doi Inthanon National Park
DAY 10: Chiang Mai/Doi Inthanon National Park
DAY 11: Doi Inthanon National Park, fly to Bangkok
DAY 12: Departure from Bangkok
Included with the Tour:
- IAS guide coordinating trip logistics before and during the tour.
- Professional Tropical Birding guide on the days marked with scope and audio gear
- Accommodation in all hotels listed.
- Transportation with fuel included through the trip.
- All meals starting with Dinner on day 1 and finish with breakfast on day 12.
- All entrance fees to reserves and parks.
- Domestic flights in the tour in economy class with 1 carry on and 1 checked bag
Not included with the Tour:
- Tips for hotel staff, bird guides and driver, and restaurant wait staff are not included.
- Medical expenses, prescription drugs and other items of personal use.
- Additional tours offered in hotels (Spa, massage, etc.)
- Alcoholic beverages, cigarettes and anything else not listed on the menus of restaurants.
- Health and/or trip insurance
- Laundry Services
- Souvenirs and snacks
- Any other expense or extra tour not listed as included above
- International flights
- If the domestic flight is delayed or cancelled, IAS and Tropical Birding will not be responsible for the extra cost incurred.
Minimum participants are 9 people. Trip limit is 11 participants. Prices are based on double occupancy. $500 deposit due upon registration. To register, contact Brad Bumgardner at email@example.com All participants must complete terms and conditions upon deposit to hold a spot.
$5,529 per person IAS Member. $5,629 per person non-IAS Member.
Single Supplement: $485
$75 surcharge for credit card payments