Indiana Audubon 2019 Costa Rica Trip
February 8, 2019 - February 18, 2019
Indiana Audubon 2019 Costa Rica Trip:
The Best of Costa Rica’s Volcanoes, Peninsulas, and Endemics
UPDATED: This Trip is Currently Full.
Email email@example.com to be put on our waiting list and for updates on the upcoming October 2019 trip.
In the early spring of 2019 Indiana Audubon is hosting the next in what has become a series of international trips for birders. IAS has featured several off the beaten path birding locations in recent years (Cuba, Honduras), but in 2019 this trip will be on one of two Costa Rica trips that will feature this ever popular eco-tourism destination. Costa Rica offers over 800 species, beautiful tropical rainforest landscapes, and is more accessible than many other central American countries. This trip will make use of several of Costa Rica’s prime birding destinations, but also allow the participant a chance to immerse themselves in the culture and other natural resource specialties.
Additionally, this trip will highlight the Sister Parks agreement, a partnership between 15 National Parks, and 7 National Parks on the Osa Peninsula of Costa Rica. Participants will learn of this partnership and shared festivals and exchanges that occur due to this unique relationship.
Trip Leaders: Brad Bumgardner is the executive director for Indiana Audubon and has assisted or led literally thousands of individual hikes and tours, including Puerto Rico and Cuba. This tour is being put together in partnership with Lifer Nature Tours, who will be securing transportation and guiding services during the trip.
Day 1 –Arrival in San Jose (night at El Rodeo Lodge)
Day 2– South Pacific rainforest. (night at Esquinas Rainforest Lodge)
Day 3– South Pacific rainforest. (night at Esquinas Rainforest Lodge)
Day 4– Central Pacific (night at Cerro Lodge)
Day 5 –Arenal Volcano area (night at Arenal Observatory Lodge)
Day 6 –Arenal Volcano area (night at Arenal Observatory Lodge)
Day 7– Cartago Foothills (night at Rio Perlas)
Day 8– Talamanca highlands (night at Savegre Lodge or similar)
Day 9– Talamanca highlands (night at Savegre Lodge or similar)
Day 10 –San Jose (night at El Rodeo Lodge or Similar)
Day 11– Depart San Jose
Included with the Tour:
- IAS guide coordinating trip logistics before and during the tour.
- Transportation with 20 passenger Coaster through the trip.
- Specialized guide/driver with Swarovski Spotting Scope, Portable speaker + Ipod with bird calls to play-back calls of a bird if necessary and a laser pointer to help locate birds in the field.
- Accommodation in all hotels listed.
- All meals starting with Dinner on day 1 and finish with breakfast on day 10.
- Entrance fees to all places mentioned, including birding boat safari.
Not included with the Tour:
- Tips for hotel staff, guides, and driver are not included.
- Medical expenses, prescription drugs and other items of personal use.
- Additional tours offered in hotels (Spa, massage, etc.)
- Alcoholic beverages, cigarettes and anything else not listed on the menus of restaurants.
- Health and/or trip insurance
- Any other expense or extra tour not listed as included above
Trip limit is 10 participants. Prices are based on double occupancy. Can’t make it in February, contact John Velasquez to learn about our Fall 2019 tour to the Caribbean foothills and lowlands.
$2,779 per person IAS Member. $2,879 per person non-IAS Member.
Single Supplement: $430
$75 surcharge for credit card payments
Interested individuals should contact Brad Bumgardner at firstname.lastname@example.org or (219) 928-6905 to register or for more information. $500 deposit due at time of reservation, including signed acknowledgement of terms and conditions. 50% trip balance is due 120 days before trip. Full balance is due 90 days before trip. This trip will fill!