Indiana Audubon 2019 Costa Rica Trip II
October 12, 2019 - October 20, 2019
Indiana Audubon 2019 Costa Rica Trip II:
The Best of Costa Rica’s Caribbean Foothills and Lowlands
In the fall of 2019 Indiana Audubon is hosting the next in what has become a series of international trips for birders. IAS has featured several off the beaten path birding locations in recent years (Cuba, Honduras), but in 2019 this trip will be on one of two Costa Rica trips that will feature this ever popular eco-tourism destination. Costa Rica offers over 800 species, beautiful tropical rainforest landscapes, and is more accessible than many other central American countries. This trip will make use of several of Costa Rica’s prime birding destinations, but also allow the participant a chance to immerse themselves in the culture and other natural resource specialties.
Trip Leaders: John Velasquez and Chad Williams. John and Chad have been traveling birding outside the United States for 16 continuous years visiting Central and South America, the Caribbean, and the West Indies. John and Chad have traveled to and birded Costa Rica on three separate occasions and are familiar with many of the more notable lodges and locations within Costa Rica. The primary focus during this trip is to work at a pace that is suitable for both birders and photographers.
Day 1- Arrival in San Jose, Overnight at Hotel Bougainvillea
Day 2– After breakfast, travel to Rancho Naturalista
Day 3– Rancho Naturalista
Day 4– Rancho Naturalista
Day 5– Depart Rancho Naturalista/ Travel to Selva Verde Lodge
Day 6– Selva Verde Lodge
Day 7– Selva Verde Lodge
Day 8– Leave Selva to Hotel Bougainvilla
Day 9– Leave Hotel Bougainvilla for departure from San Jose
Included with the Tour:
- IAS guides coordinating trip logistics before and during the tour.
- Transportation in Coaster van through the trip.
- Accommodation in all hotels listed.
- All meals starting with breakfast on day 2 and finish with breakfast on day 9.
- Entrance fees to all places mentioned, including birding boat safari.
Not included with the Tour:
- Tips for hotel staff, guides, and driver are not included.
- Medical expenses, prescription drugs and other items of personal use.
- Additional tours offered in hotels (Spa, massage, etc.)
- Alcoholic beverages, cigarettes and anything else not listed on the menus of restaurants.
- Health and/or trip insurance
- Any other expense or extra tour not listed as included above
Trip limit is 8 participants. Prices are based on double occupancy. For more questions or to register, contact John Velasquez.
$2,399 per person IAS Member. $2,433 per person non-IAS Member.
Single Supplement: $310
$75 surcharge for credit card payments
Interested individuals should contact John Velasquez at email@example.com or (765) 618-7283 to register or for more information. $500 deposit due at time of reservation, including signed acknowledgement of terms and conditions. 50% trip balance is due 120 days before trip. Full balance is due 90 days before trip. This trip will fill!