Indiana Audubon 2019 Costa Rica Trip II-FULL
October 12 - October 20
Indiana Audubon 2019 Costa Rica Trip II:
The Best of Costa Rica’s Caribbean Foothills and Lowlands
THIS TRIP IS CURRENTLY FULL
In the fall of 2019 Indiana Audubon is hosting the next in what has become a series of international trips for birders. IAS has featured several off the beaten path birding locations in recent years (Cuba, Honduras), and in 2019, this trip will be one of two Costa Rica trips that will feature this ever popular eco-tourism destination. Costa Rica offers over 800 species of birds, beautiful tropical rainforest landscapes, and is more accessible than many other Central American countries. This trip will make use of some of Costa Rica’s prime birding destinations and will allow each participant a chance to immerse themselves in the local culture alongside experiencing the remarkable ecosystem that makes Costa Rica a crown gem in the natural world.
Trip Leaders: John Velasquez and Chad Williams have been birding outside of the United States for 16 continuous years in a variety of habitats within Mexico, Central and South America, and the Caribbean. John and Chad have birded Costa Rica on three separate occasions and are familiar with many of the more notable lodges and locations within the country. The pace of this trip will be suitable to both birders and photographers.
Day 1– Arrive in San Jose/ Overnight at Hotel Bougainvillea
Day 2– After breakfast, travel to Rancho Naturalista
Day 3– Rancho Naturalista
Day 4– Rancho Naturalista
Day 5– Depart Rancho Naturalista/ Travel to Selva Verde Lodge
Day 6– Selva Verde Lodge
Day 7– Selva Verde Lodge
Day 8– Depart Selva Verde/ Travel to Hotel Bougainvillea
Day 9– Depart Hotel Bougainvillea and head back home
Included with the Tour:
- IAS guides coordinating trip logistics before and during the tour.
- Transportation in Coaster van throughout the trip.
- Accommodation in all hotels listed.
- All meals starting with breakfast on day 2 and finishing with breakfast on day 9.
- Entrance fees to all places mentioned, including birding boat safari.
Not included with the Tour:
- Tips for hotel staff, guides, and driver are not included.
- Medical expenses, prescription drugs and other items of personal use.
- Additional tours offered in hotels (Spa, massage, etc.)
- Alcoholic beverages, cigarettes and anything else not listed on the menus of restaurants.
- Health and/or trip insurance
- Any other expense or extra tour not listed as included above
Trip limit is 8 participants. Prices are based on double occupancy. For more questions or to register, contact John Velasquez.
$2,399 per person IAS Member. $2,433 per person non-IAS Member.
Single Supplement: $310
$75 surcharge for credit card payments
Interested individuals should contact John Velasquez at: firstname.lastname@example.org or (765) 618-7283 to register or for more information. A deposit of $500 is due at time of reservation, including the signed acknowledgement of terms and conditions. 50% of the trip balance is due 120 days before trip. The full balance is due 90 days before the trip. This trip will fill so register early! THIS TRIP IS CURRENTLY FULL