- This event has passed.
#21in21: Lakefront Shorebirds Field Trip
August 7 @ 7:00 am - 10:30 am EDT
Registered Participants will meet at the Miller Beach, Lake St. beach parking lot at 7am CT/8am ET time for a morning of shorebird pursuit, with the early, larger shorebirds being the target species of the morning. We’re in the window for a wide selection of shorebirds, from larger Willets, Whimbrels, and Godwits, and smaller Red Knots, Baird’s Sandpipers, and plovers. Piping Plover is also possible. We’ll conclude around 11am, and may visit a few other lakefront sites during the morning depending on the birding conditions.
Participants should be prepared to pay small parking fees for Miller Beach. Participants will meet IAS member, Julie Bonemma, and can contact before the trip Here. Registration is free for IAS members, and $10 for non-IAS members.
- To comply with CDC recommendations, all IAS field trips until further notice will have the follow restrictions:
- All IAS trip participants must pre-register in advance for upcoming field trips
- All IAS 2021 Field Trips are limited to 20 participants
- All participants should utilize facial covering and/or social distancing during the field trip
- All participants should plan on traveling separately rather than carpool during multiple location trips
All participants must read and agree to the IAS Field Trip Release to participate in IAS led events and trips. Field trips are free for IAS- Members and $10 for non-members. This trip is part of the 21 in 2021 Indiana Birding Trail Challenge. Find more #21in21 Hikes Here. We hope to see you there!
Miller Beach Birders photo by Adam Wilson.