The Indiana Audubon is taking applications for its Mary Gray Bird Sanctuary. The Mary Gray Bird Sanctuary Operations Manager is responsible for furthering Indiana Audubon’s mission through maintenance, research, conservation, and public outreach at the Mary Gray Bird Sanctuary. The Operations Manager has overall responsibility for a wide range of management and administrative functions that support both the day-today and long-term activities on the Sanctuary grounds. The Operations Manager is a key member of the Indiana Audubon leadership team and reports to the Executive Director.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Operations Manager is responsible for the direct oversight and management of Mary Gray Bird Sanctuary through:
- Management and coordination of day-to-day maintenance and upkeep of the Sanctuary and associated equipment.
- Coordination of resource management activities.
- Managing research activities and proposals on the Sanctuary property.
- Visitor education and outreach via events, programs, and festivals.
- Financial record keeping and budget management.
- Recruitment, supervision, and scheduling of volunteers for a variety of Sanctuary needs.
- Marketing and communication, including website and social media.
- Direction and operations of revenue generating streams, such as rentals, program fees, and grants.
- Maintaining and preserving Indiana Audubon’s history through the MGBS archives.
Associate degree plus two or more years related managerial and operational experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must be highly organized, have excellent communication and customer service skills, and ability to interact with the public.
- Working knowledge of general maintenance, not limited to buildings, tractors, power tools, plumbing, electrical, and carpentry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook and other computer software.
- Ability to relate to a diverse range of people and exercise cultural competence and inclusion.
- Have or be willing to acquire First Aid and CPR certifications and be able to respond effectively to emergencies.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Natural resource background preferred, including knowledge of Indiana birds and their habitats.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time position and includes a benefits package, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Included with salary are full-time required residence, including yard, driveway, garden, and garage. Electricity, internet, and water are also included.
Click Here to learn more.