Indiana Audubon Society is encouraging birders and other nature enthusiasts to consider joining our amazing organization this fall. The Indiana Audubon Society (IAS) is the oldest conservation organization continuously operating in Indiana. We are not a chapter of the National Audubon Society, but an independent statewide organization. By joining, you will be supporting our mission to stimulate interest in birds and their protection; to serve the needs of youth, civic, church, schools and other groups by providing information concerning birds; and to educate the public concerning the necessity for and preserving Indiana’s natural heritage, its unique flora and fauna.
All members receive issues of the Cardinal Newsletter and the Indiana Audubon Quarterly (IAQ). The electronic Cardinal Newsletter will be emailed to you 6 times per year. Four times per year you will be alerted by email to login to the website where you will find the newest issue of the IAQ to download or read online. Contributing and Cardinal Club members include mailed copies of all IAS publications.
In addition, your membership includes full access to the Birds of North America (BNA) website! A subscription to the BNA website is normally $42 a year, however, you receive it at no extra cost to you by becoming a member of IAS!
As a special thank you, all members that join, renew, refer, or gift a membership during our membership drive (October 10-December 10) will receive a commemorative Indiana Audubon Cardinal Print mailed to them, and go into a giveaway drawing for one of two birding baskets, brought to you by our sponsors with Premier Sporting Optics and Wild Birds Unlimited. The two giveaway baskets each include:
- Alpen Wings 8×42 Birding Binoculars with Alpen Lifetime Warranty
- One ticket to the 2018 Indiana Dunes Birding Festival
- Foundational feeder set up from Wild Birds Unlimited
- Complimentary Deluxe Bird Seed Mix from Wild Birds Unlimited
- One Case Berry Essence Suet Cakes
- Royal Wing Tube Bird Feeder with squirrel baffle
- Indiana Audubon Society T-shirt and baseball cap
- Birds in the Yard: Month by Month by Sharon Sorenson
- The Joy of Bird Feeding by Jim Carpenter
- Birds of Indiana Field Guide by Stan Tekiela
- Ken Brock’s Birds of Indiana CD
Total Retail Value: $500+
As a bonus, you’ll also be entered to win a pair of 10×44 Steiner Wildlife XP binoculars, valued at $2,099, from our partners at Steiner Optics. Want an additional entry to win the binoculars, join our Sandhill Crane Motorcoach Tour for another chance to win!
The deadline to be entered into the drawing is December 10. The drawing will take place December 15.